Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

This evening I was suppose to go to a Cambodian wedding ceremony at Doris's parents house but Matt never told me what time I was suppose to be there and by the time he sent me a text asking me where I was because it was about to start I was at home in comfy clothes doing some cleaning. But I do have some pictures that my mom had taken so everyone can see them.



Saturday

Today is Doris and Geoff's wedding. Matt and I went early so we could get a few things set up for them before they arrived. Once just about all the guests arrived it was getting really close to when the ceremony was suppose to start and the bride and the groom still hadn't arrived. First the groom arrived with his guys and then maybe about 15 minutes later the bride and her ladies arrived. During this Matt had to make an announcement that we would be a bit delayed. I got all the guys ready with their boutonnieres and then got the ladies ready to take their places. It was a really nice wedding, very sweet. Here are some pictures that my mom took, since I wasn't able to take any pictures since I was busy in the back of the church.



Then later in the evening we went to the reception and there was so much Chinese food. It was really good. We weren't able to stay too late because 1. we had church in the morning, and 2. Cambodian wedding receptions are really loud because they have a live band.


Sunday

Today we had a Bishop service which was really special. We don't get to have Bishops out too often. The Bishop was in town because he held the wedding yesterday, so he made a weekend out of it and held service today. After the service there was a small fellowship at the church and then we went home. Since Matt's older brother was in town also for the wedding we had invited him and his family over after church for a little visit. Unfortunately they weren't all able to come over because Kunthea and the the 2 boys were sick so Richard and Rachelle came over for a little bit. Matt had to drive the Bishop around to a few places so I just stayed home and did a few things around the house. Then the rest of the evening when Matt came home we just relaxed after the busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment