Friday
Today is our 5th Wedding Anniversary! Time has gone by so fast I can't believe it has been 5 years that we have been married already. I'm not sure if anyone else ever feels this way but I feel like it has been much longer, but in the good way. I just love my husband so much that it just feels like this is how it has always been, us married. I really am super excited and happy to be spending the rest of my life with him, he truly is my one and only!
Matt had to work late today so we weren't really able to go out for dinner so instead I just made something simple and we watched a movie. We are really low key type of people and don't feel the need to do something extravagant on "special occasions", I prefer to just do things randomly through out the year. It was a really nice evening just the two of us hanging out.
Saturday
This morning Matt had to go to work for a while and then we were going to heading to Cranbrook BC because Matt was on the schedule to hold service on Sunday there. So we didn't leave until 2:20pm and then we got a bit of traffic heading out of the city (really on a long weekend I thought everyone would be gone this weekend). The drive was not too bad but there was quite a bit of traffic on the highways too.
Once we got to Cranbrook we signed in to our hotel and then went for some dinner. We just walked over to East Side Mario's since it was on the same side as our hotel so we didn't have to run across the highway (that would not have been safe). During dessert the rector and his wife from Cranbrook came to hang out with us for a bit at the restaurant since we wouldn't be seeing them tomorrow (they were scheduled to go to Castlegaar)
Then we walked back to the hotel and pretty much went to sleep right away, it was a long day of driving.
Sunday
We went to the Cranbrook congregation for service and they have a large group of senior ladies who are super nice and hilarious. We had a great time there. Then Matt and I headed home (another 4 + hour drive) but we took a bit of a different route to get home and we stopped for ice cream on the way. Matt got a milk shake and I had smarties ice cream and cookies and cream, they were big scoops and I can't believe I ate the whole thing!
Once we got home I unpacked and we spent the evening relaxing.
Monday
Yay long weekend Monday! Today Matt went out golfing with some guys I would have gone but I just felt like staying home and getting somethings done around the house since we were having some company this evening. So I did the usual boring cleaning things, I won't go into detail because that will get really boring.
Just after 6pm our friends Rob and Evelyn came over with their kids, we just had pizza and salad because I wasn't sure what the kids liked to eat or wouldn't touch so we thought pizza would be safe.
It was a nice evening, it was short but it was still really great to see them.
Yay for long weekends! I was wondering where you were at church!
ReplyDelete