Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

This afternoon Matt's parents came to our house for the weekend since this is the weekend where we have our new church dedication! So it will be a fairly busy weekend ahead. This evening though was pretty laid back, just finished getting somethings together for tomorrow and had dinner.


Saturday

Oh early morning! I woke up early today because my mom was going to coming over to my house for around 9am so we can head out right away to Costco so I can pick up the flowers that I had ordered. So off we went and got to Costco before it opened at 9:30am and got our cart and bins ready to pick up the flowers. As soon as it opened we headed to the flower stand and let the ladies know that I was here to pick up my order. While they went to the back to get the order mom and I were looking at the other flowers there and started to pick some other flowers that they had gotten in. See with Costco they have a list that you can order from but they can't always necessarily get the exact flowers you want so you have to put a second choice down just in case. Also they sometimes just randomly get flowers that they never usually get like peonies! So I took three packages of peonies and different colored hydrangeas! Not to bore you too much now let me just skip the process of putting them together (there was some drama from other people that was going on) and show you the end results.






Sunday

Today was our dedication service for our new church. In the morning all I could think about was I hope my flowers aren't dead yet. That would have been awful! When we got there the flowers still looked great hooray! It was a very early morning because the choir had to be there early to do warm ups and get in their seats because this service was going to be transmitted to other congregations across Canada. After the service we went to a big hall and had a great lunch, I was starving by then because I didn't have a very big breakfast, I should have brought snacks with me, oh well. But over all the day went really great.

1 comment: