Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

This post has a bunch of pictures, just as a heads up.

Friday

This Morning I woke up at 12:45a.m. Yes the "a.m." is correct. I needed to wake up so early because Matt and I were going on a youth trip with the Alberta youth from our church to Colorado Springs. Our flight was at 6a.m. so we needed to be at the air port very early. The other reason for waking up so early is that we had 4 guys staying at our house that were coming on the youth weekend. They stayed at our house because they live about 4 hours away and who wants to drive that distance so early in the morning or so late at night, which ever way you look at it.
So we arrived at the airport just after 3a.m. and there were 2 people from our group already there. So we waited for the rest of them and waited for the people at United Air to open their counters (at 4a.m.). Once they opened Matt went to explain to them that we are all traveling together and get things sorted out.
We all got through customs with out too many problems, and got to Denver safely. Here are a few pics.




This is inside the castle where we had our church service and our meals.


Matt and I in our castle (I wish)

This was the meeting area when we first arrived and was part of some of the activities during the weekend.

This was the "general store" at least that is what the sign said.

And here is the castle

The Alberta Ladies

Views all around us.

Saturday

This morning there was an optional hike (I opted out since it was a 6am) to go on or people could sleep in for a bit and then just go for breakfast at 8am. After breakfast we went upstairs and we did an I serve project which was making Christmas shoe boxes filled with items for kids in third world countries. Here are some of the boxes that we had wrapped and filled.

Here are the youth getting ready to wrap the shoe boxes.

Then in the afternoon after our other activities we had the option of going to Garden of the Gods here are a few pictures of what it looked like.




This store had so much stuff in it. I bought a t-shirt because I like to buy t-shirts when I go to different places.



Sunday

This morning we had to make sure we were packed before service which wasn't very hard at all. We went and had breakfast and then we had service which was really great!


Just some more views




Then we went to the church in Colorado Springs and had a BBQ before we had to head to the airport since we had a few extra hours before our plane had to leave. We ended up singing a bunch of church songs at the church while we were waiting too which was really fun. 
Once it was time to go we said our final goodbyes and off we went to the airport. I must say that there really weren't any issues when were flying home, which was great. A good way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment