Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

Sorry that I didn't take this picture with
better lighting or with its lights on :)
So Christmas Day was a lot quieter then most in the past. This year Matt and I decided that we would just spend Christmas together, just the 2 of us. This was also decided to be this way since our families are growing, on his side of the family his older brother has 3 kids and his younger brother has one on the way due in February. We were all together earlier this year in the fall and talked it over (the sister in-laws) and thought that it would be a good idea that the "individual families" start their own traditions for Christmas Day. This way they can have their family Christmas opening gifts and breakfasts or whatever they choose to do, but still having it open that if grandparents / parents feel like going to the different houses they are more then welcome too. I know that some people may think that well Christmas Day you all need to be together, but really I feel that it doesn't matter which day you all get together for Christmas to celebrate because as long as your all together it shouldn't matter the day. Plus in a way I sometimes find Christmas time to be a bit stressful. Not sure if I'm the only one that feels this, but just to clarify its not that I don't still enjoy it. I really do Love this time of year. I love to watch people open their gifts that I give them and them being happy with it, I'd rather give gifts that I feel people would really like and enjoy then receive gifts (if that makes sense) Like when giving gifts to my niece and nephews, that is fun to watch because they get so excited about it!
But anyways back on track of what Matt and I did on Christmas Day. Well in the morning Matt and I opened our gifts to each other, we were first going to not exchange gifts but then I found a few things that he could use (just small stuff) and then getting closer to Christmas I was grouping the gifts together for the different places that we were going to be going to and then his gifts were left under the tree and he asked me who those were for. I told him that they were for him, so then on Christmas Eve on his way home from work he went out and got me something too even though he didn't have to because I told him it was just little stuff and it was all useful things. So it was kind of a funny situation, oh well it all worked out. So anyways after gifts then we went to Church that morning. On the way home from church we were trying to think of what we were going to eat for lunch, since we forgot to take left overs from my parent's house from Christmas Eve dinner. So we thought we would swing by this Vietnamese restaurant that we like to eat from to see if they might be open, and they were! So we ordered out some food and brought it home, it was soo good, and best part about it we didn't have to make it. As we were eating it we popped in my new movie that I got , Fantasia!

All time favorite movie, I loved watching it as a kid, I love the dancing mushroom part its so cute. Matt was laughing at me when I was watching it (I was kind of dancing on the couch to the music). How ever we didn't get through the whole movie that afternoon because we both fell asleep on the couch. I guess we were both just so tired. Oh well its nice to get a nap in when you can. Once we woke up it was a pretty uneventful evening, the only thing I really did was try to figure out where to put our new gifts that we got.
I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment