Saturday morning starting around 8:30-9:00am I started cooking. I had two turkeys in the sink that had been thawing since Tuesday in the fridge, getting their finally bit of thawing done while I was toasting the bread and sauteing onions for the stuffing and cutting and peeling vegetables to put in with the turkeys. I finally got the turkeys both in their roasters (one for the oven and one electric roaster its huge!) Once the birds were in I had to clean up from that, there was a lot of cleaning that day! A bit later I started the potatoes, my hubby helped me peel all 30 pounds of them! There was a lot of mashed potatoes made from that. So the birds were done around 3:20ish which gave me just over an hour to dissemble them and put the stuffing, vegetables, sliced up turkey and gravy all into different dishes. Ya, just over an hour is so not enough time to handle 2 birds! I was running so behind because it is not easy to cut up a turkey when it is super hot! It was about quarter to 5 (5pm is when the service started) so I had everything cut up and in their separate dishes changed out of my yoga pants as fast as I could I got clothes on for church (trying to put tights on fast is a challenge) got everything in my car and made it to the church about 5 after. I had some help from one of the youth leaders which was great, we managed to get everything done that needed to get done during the service so it would be ready for all of the youth and their parents when service was done.
So coming home last night and walking into my kitchen SUCKED!!!! Since I was in such a rush I had the mess from the birds left to clean up, ya I know it was gross of me to leave the bones and fat and left overs all over my counter but I had no time to clean up before. Oh well about an hour later I was basically done, the roasters just had water and soap in them to soak over night so it would be easier to clean them in the morning.
Here are some pictures of all the food. One of the youth leader couples made the salad, and the other couple brought the desserts and my mom made the ham.
Today (Sunday)
We had service in the morning which was good, my husband though had to travel to Crows Nest Pass in the morning for service. After service I had talked with one of the ministers because I am having some trouble with a friend of mine and just wanted to get some advice on the situation. I feel like I got what I needed and hopefully things will work out. Then my brother and I went to our parents house because it is my Dad's birthday today! We had a nice afternoon together and my hubby was able to stop by as well when he got back from Crows Nest Pass. He had some bad news about his truck though, there was something on the high way and he thought it was nothing maybe a chunk of ice or something but when he drove right up to it, it jump and broke the grill on the front of the truck and ended up puncturing the radiator. So this is what caused all this damage.
So this was not a very good start to the week.
Yikes!
ReplyDeleteI know Matt is sad about his truck, but I'm sad for the bird.
Hi there!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog : ) Happy New Year to you!! And you are absolutely right...I never have to stop calling Ilah my baby...I'm 31 and my mom still refers to me as her baby! : )