Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

Today after work I got to meet up with a friend of mine that I haven't seen for what feels like forever! We went to Joey's Tomato and chatted for about an hour and a half it was fantastic!
This was us at work back in 2008
After dinner I went to a couple of places to try to get a few things but I didn't end up having much luck.

Saturday

Today is Matt's 32nd Birthday but I don't get to see him until tomorrow since he is in Vancouver this weekend for a church seminar. I know that he will be having a nice time there and get a lot out of it but it still sucks a bit that I don't get to see him on his actual birthday.
While he is away I am trying to go through the house and get rid of a few things by putting them on kijiji. So far I only got rid of one thing and possible 2 more things. Then I just did a few boring things like clean, and laundry. No real excitement for my Saturday but it was productive.

Sunday

This morning I went to church and we had a choir practice right after service, which is fine with me because then we aren't waiting around for people to come back from going in the basement or outside and chit chatting forever!
After church my mom came over for a bit because we were going to work on a shadow box project but we needed a few things that I didn't have. So we will have to wait until I get these things and then we can get this project done!
Since I now had my afternoon open I called my brother to see about getting some metal studs from him for our basement since he had extra ones from building his garage. So I took the truck over and we loaded them in the back. He came back home with me to help me un-load them and also to load up some wood that we had in our back yard that he was going to cut up so he could use it for his fire pit (which he can't use right now since there is a fire ban with all the fires that are happening in Alberta). So back we went to his house with all this wood and got it un-loaded.
I then went home and just relaxed for most of the time before it was time for me to pick up Matt and 2 other guys from the airport. So Calgary has the newer parking lot called the cell phone parking lot. Basically you can park there for a max of 60 minutes and wait till you get a call from the person that you are picking up at the airport so then you can just drive to the doors and get them rather then going and parking get your ticket and wait inside and possibly have to pay if your over 30minutes. I got to the parking lot and it was really full and I had the truck! The massive truck! So I drove to the back park of the parking lot and there was a spot open, there was a truck on one side and a car on the other. To make this short I BACKED INTO THE SPOT with the huge truck and I did it in one shot. I was super proud of myself. I know some people find driving a truck is easy, but I don't get to drive the truck to often so parking with the truck is not a strong point for me yet.
It's great to have Matt home again. He told me all about his trip and he had a really great time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, impressive! I don't think I could back a huge truck into a parking spot!

    ReplyDelete