Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Grease Experience

So sorry about the late update on the FABULOUS Grease Musical from Friday, just got so busy! But the night was really fun. My mom came over earlier before the show and she brought me home made soup! It was sooooo GOOD! Then we left early around 6:30pm for the show which started at 8pm. It really should have taken us only 30 minutes but I know when driving with my mom sometimes we go on little adventures as she calls them before we get to our final destination. So let me explain these "adventures" basically it means we missed our turn on the road that we needed and then mom decides that if we go down this road and this one we should get there no problem. Well that doesn't always work out the way we hope it will. On the way to Grease we only had a mini "adventure" because I know the area a bit since I went to school around there so I knew a few of the roads that would get us to where we needed to be going. It was all good in the end, we got there early enough to be able to find a good parking spot, and chat before the show. There is nothing that I hugely dislike more then being super rushed and late. It was a very fun evening with my mom. When we got in and found our seats, not much longer did the show begin. It first started off with Eddie Mekka (from Laverne & Shirley, come on you know the show) and he was pretty funny, that guy has a lot of energy and he taught us the hand jive which was really fun. Mom kept mixing up the order and kept forgetting the rolling part. We had a few good laughs.
Then the show began. It was so exciting! The characters played their parts really well, my favorite was Rizzo. When she did her solo to "There are worse things I could do" man was she good, she had all the little quirks that the Rizzo had in the movie. SO GOOD!!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh, I'm so jealous you got to go!! I love grease...I don't think I could get Stephan to watch the movie, let alone go see the musical with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time with your mom :) Where was the show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing Vanessa!! I bet your mom was hilarious with the hand jive!!

    ReplyDelete