So my first time making home made perogies was on Thursday November 11th. I had the day off from work because of Remembrance Day. So I planned with my mom that I would start to give her a hand with the hundreds of perogies that need to get made for our Christmas Eve Traditional Polish Dinner. Hmm perogies! If you have never had them, oh boy you need to get the recipe and try them, you can't even compare them to store bought. So this is an all day event project (FYI we didn't even finish all the perogies that day) we started with making the filling then the dough. The filling is best when it has cooled down before you start filling the dough (it hurts your fingers when it is too hot). Here is a picture of what it looks like when you are ready to get down to business.
Then you have to pinch it together and roll the edges.
Around 6 pm is when we called it quites since I had to go home and get a few other things done. But we were able to complete about 130 perogies. Also since we were making them we got to have a taste too, you know just to make sure they will be good for Christmas Eve.
wow...I'm assuming you freeze them until Christmas eve?! Because that's a bit of a ways off!!!
ReplyDeleteYes we do freeze them, first we boil them and then freeze them. Its just too much work to do it that close to Christmas.
ReplyDeletethey are so good! I can't wait for Christmas Eve!
ReplyDeleteThey look so yummy! I LOVE perogies!
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my blog!! come and pick it up!
ReplyDelete