Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How We Met

So I thought I would post on how Matt and I met.

Well to go way back, our families have always know each other by relatives. I used to live in Winnipeg MB when I was little up until I was turning 10 years old. Matt has an Aunt and Uncle and cousins that live in Winnipeg and go to the New Apostolic Church (which is where we were going and still are now but just in a different province; our church is world wide). So growing up we I knew Matt's relatives in Winnipeg. Then when we moved I didn't know Matt right away because he didn't live in the City that we were in. At the age of 16 is when I met Matt, well I did see him before here and there with Church activities but never talked to him because I am shy and I don't make the first move, too scary! Anyways, our youth group with church would go away to different places on a few weekends through out the year.The weekend of August 1st to 4th 2003 was when we finally got to talking.
So this weekend was in Banff and we stayed at the Banff Y Mountain Lodge
It was really nice there actually. The rooms that we were in were more Hostel style with bunk beds and washrooms that were used by everyone on the same floor. The first night that we got there we basically just got our selves settled to which rooms we were staying in, dinner and then walking the Banff downtown (or you could just hang out in the common areas). I went walking downtown with a bunch of people (in that crowd was Matt :}) So as walking along the strip downtown a bunch of the people wanted to go in stores and Matt and I were not so interested in going in so we continued to walk and was talking the whole time, this is when I first started to like him.
On Saturday the we all went to Johnston Canyon/ Lake Louise for hiking. Here is a picture of the Canyon
The mountains are so beautiful! It was a really good hike. I didn't really hang out with Matt that day until dinner. Then everyone got ready to go to the hot springs which is really cool because your outside on part of the mountain in a big "hot tub". At the hot springs Matt and I got to talk some more again which I thought was great since I was so shy. Later that evening when we got back to the Lodge I was having some troubles with a friend and Matt was there being really sweet and helping me through it, I know it sounds corny but he made things so much easier and better. So I'm not going to bore you to death with too much more. But the next day was really fun, we had church service and then we went WHITE WATER RAFTING!!!! We went on the Kicking horse, so much fun! If you haven't been white water rafting I would totally recommend it (I've been more then once since then). The rest of the weekend involved a lot more talking to Matt which was really weird for me then because I was super shy, like really really shy! Oh and eye flirting. Does anyone else know what I mean by eye flirting, Matt thought it was funny when I told him that's what we had done. He doesn't get it. But ever since that weekend Matt and I continued to talk and get together and finally became official boyfriend and girlfriend November 8 2003. Seven years solidly together next Monday! I love you Hun!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute story Vanessa! I didn't realize that you two have already been together seven years, that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete