Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Renovation Wednesdays

So this weekend we got a bit more work done on our storage closets, if you want you can look back at last weeks post on where we ended up getting to if you don't remember. This weekend we got the insulation up and the poly (plastic sheet) up and sealed. I did all the red tape work (its called tuck tape) it is really sticky tape but helps seal off the over lapping sheets of plastic and any hole in the plastic from staples so that there wont be any cold air flowing through. It was pretty easy to do. I also did help with moving the insulation back to the rooms since it was moved out of the way when framing, I was a little bit itchy from it after ward but not too bad because I had long sleeves on and gloves. We probably wont get the dry wall up this weekend, so I'm planning on posting for next week our bathroom, I think I will do 2 posts on it (the before/ progress and then one for after ) So here is how it looks now with the insulation finished.


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how the finished basement looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- this looks like a big project but I am sure it's going to look awesome :-)

    I am so happy to find your blog and am following now! Looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! You should read the whole article here: http://emilyjonathan.blogspot.com/2009/12/thoughtful-thursday_17.html

    A friend sent it to me last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what a project! are you really doing this yourself??

    Thanks for following - hope to see you around more often!

    ReplyDelete