Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

One of the best Fridays ever!!!! I did nothing! Like actually nothing. I didn't do laundry, or the dishes or clean anything!!! I sat on the couch and caught up on a bunch of shows that I "tapped" since during the week I can't always watch them. Man it was great!

Saturday

This morning I got to sleep in till about 8:30am which was really great. It is our turn to clean the church for the next 2 weeks so Matt was really sweet and had let me sleep in while he went and cleaned the church in the morning. Awesome Hubby! Then I showered and got ready and started to pack our bags because we were heading to Red Deer (his parents live there). We were not only going to Red Deer to visit his parents but the main reason was that Matt was holding a youth service and discussion for the youth that are in Red Deer at our church. So getting to visit with Matt's parents was just a little bonus. We packed over night bags just in case we would be spending the night because Matt wasn't sure how long the discussion would go. When we got there we had a really great lunch and his parents packed us up the left overs so we could take them home which I was super happy about because it was Roldan and spetzles (i don't know how to spell this )! After lunch Matt went to go take a nap, he was pretty tired, so Matt's parents and I watched the movie Leap Year. I had never seen it before but it was pretty funny!
Around 4:30pm I went to go make sure that Matt was getting up so he could get ready for the youth service. I wasn't going to go with him for this one because I didn't want to be there while there were having their discussion since it was just for them. When Matt left his mom and I decided to watch another movie. I went to go look through the movies that they had and came across Sex and the City 2. I hadn't seen that movie before and I didn't go see it in theaters because well lets face it, I'm too cheap to go see it in theaters. So we popped the movie in and it was just us two watching the movie because Matt's dad was upstairs reading a book. I really enjoy the TV show of sex in the city so I liked the movie too after I watched it.

After the movie we went upstairs to go hang out with Matt's dad too. We really had thought that Matt would be home already since it was around 8:30pm. Well we just waited around and chatted about a bunch of different things, the time kept getting later and later. It was around 10pm that I sent Matt a text to find out where he was, then I called him and no answer. So then i sent a text to someone that I knew was at the meeting and she said it was still going. Well Matt did not get back until 11:30 pm when the service started at 6pm and they had the discussion right after which probably started at 7pm ish. It was a good thing we packed over night bags because there was no way we were going to drive home this late and especially with the roads not being the greatest. I took a picture of the room that we always stay in while we are visiting. Its the purple room, just a little background on this house, just about every room is a different vibrant colour!

Sunday

We woke up pretty early this morning because we had to head back to Calgary before church. So we had breakfast and then left around 8am. The drive home was not as good as the drive out to Red Deer, there was more blowing snow and when trying to pass someone it was pretty hard to see. But we made it with no problems! After church we went to go visit the family that we went to go see a few Sundays ago to go see their baby and just spend some time with them. They were so sweet and gave us lunch too, it was a really great visit. We didn't get to stay too long because Matt had a meeting at 2pm out in Chestermere, so straight from there home we went out to Chestermere. Luckily we have some friends in Chestermere so I went over to their house while Matt was at his meeting. We were going to be going to their house later anyways because they invited us for dinner. (today was awesome we didn't have to make one meal for ourselves, super spoiled!!) It was a great dinner, I had chicken (it was a chicken "swiss"), potatoes and asparagus, Matt had steak instead of chicken.
We then left around 7:30pm and got home, It was a really great weekend visiting people but it was so nice to just be home!

1 comment: