This weekend was very busy!!! Friday night Matt's Parents came to Calgary and stayed at our house because they were flying out on Saturday Morning to Winnipeg to celebrate one of our relatives 40th wedding anniversary! His parents brought us dinner which was nice and then we watched a movie (the Proposal), Matt and I had already watched it but his parents had never seen it yet. Around 8:30pm I had just remembered that I was suppose to make a carrot cake for the Baby Shower the next day. So I got up and started making the cake. These last few weeks I have made 4 carrot cakes... I know whats with all the carrot cakes? Well I bought a bag of carrots from Costco, and it was super sized! Lesson learnt...... Don't buy such a big bag for 2 people. The only good thing is that carrots just seem to last for a really long time. So I'm almost done the bag now which is good because I was afraid I was going to turn orange!
Saturday I got to sleep in a bit till 8am YAY! Its better then my Monday to Friday waking up at 4:30am. This day was going to be pretty busy. At 10:30am my friend Katherine was going to pick me up because we were going to be setting up a Mary Kay booth at a convention center for the Bridal Fantasy show that they have every January. We set up the booth last year too so we figured we may as well volunteer for this year too since we know how to put it together. So I didn't take any pictures for it this year but I do have a few from last year, basically it looks very similar.
 |
| One main thing that was different was that the Mary Kay sign this year was hung over the table horizontally. |
 |
| Also there were a few products that are different that we put out then last year too. |
Once we finished setting up it was about 1pm (so about 2hrs to set it up) which is when the baby shower that I was going to next started at. So Katherine dropped me off at my house around 1:30pm and I raced in started my car (since it was sooooo cold!!!) changed and was out the door again. I was able to get to Doris's house (the mother to be) just before 2pm, its a good thing that we don't live too far away. I only snapped a few pictures at the shower and they were only of what I got her, so here they are.
 |
| This is a little sweater vest, when she opened it she asked if this was a away for Matt to show that he wants to take the baby golfing after he is born. |
 |
| Onesie! |
 |
| Mr. Popular, I'm pretty sure that he will be Mr. Popular at church, everyone just loves babies. |
Also at the baby shower we played a game where we had to hold a paper plate on our heads and draw a "baby" in 30 seconds. Ya everyone had some interesting pictures. There was a lot of great food too, I can't believe how much I ate. I had a really nice time because I got to see a few people that I hadn't seen for a while. The baby shower was suppose to go until 4pm but most of the people didn't go yet, so I stayed until 5pm.
Once I got home I got a wave of being super tired, it felt like a really busy day. Plus Matt was watching sports on a couple of different channels so I knew there was no way I was going to get to watch what I wanted. So Instead I had a nap until 11pm and then Matt woke me up so then I could go to bed. It felt like a very long day.
On Sunday we went to church in the morning and right after church we went to go visit two families from the church. The first family they just had their second child, another little boy. He was sooo cute, and only a week old. I got to hold him too :). Then we went to another home and had lunch, it was really good. Then we went home for a bit to change and do a few things around the house and then went out again to go visit another couple of friends at their house. We left there place around 9:45pm and went quickly over to my parents house because they had made a big dinner and wanted to give us left overs. Once all said and done we didn't get home again until 10:45pm. That was a really long day but it was great to go and visit all of those that we did. I'm hoping next Sunday wont be as busy.
Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I have never played that game at a baby shower before but I want too! :)
ReplyDelete