Friday
Today after work I went and picked up my best friend that I have know for forever. She is from Winnipeg where I used to live, so I don't get to see her much anymore because we don't live in the same city. But she had come out today because she couldn't come for my baby's baby shower on Sunday because no one was able to take her shift at work for her.
We went out to dinner just the two of us which was so nice, it was so good to catch up. Her and her mom spoiled my baby girl. She brought us a huge bag full of baby items, tons of clothes, blankets, toys, feeding things, there was such a wide variety of things in there it was crazy!
After dinner I drove her back to her hotel and then I headed over to my house since it was close to where I was so I could visit Matt for a little bit. I couldn't stay too long because I have to get up early tomorrow, we have our Maternity photo shoot in the morning! So excited!
Saturday
This morning I woke up nice and early and started to get ready for our maternity photo shoot, it was a good thing I showered the night before because I know my hair and it was still pretty wet in the morning. I didn't want to take a shower in the morning and have to blow dry my hair for 30 minutes to try and get it dry, yet it was still a bit wet over night. That is at least easier to dry the just after showering.
Anyways so I used two sets of hot rollers to curl my hair. Yes two full sets, I don't know how I was able to fit them all on my head but I did. After all of this I had plenty of time to eat and finish getting ready. Our photo shoot wasn't until 10:30am and I was up four hours before that so I had lots of time to get all ready.
We met up at Fish Creek Park to take the pictures. It was such a nice morning, it was warm and the sun was beautiful. At 12pm we wrapped it up and the photos were done, I like taking pictures while Matt he was a troop and stuck it out. He doesn't like taking so many pictures but I am glad he got through it with out getting grumpy.
After this we went to a funeral service for one of the sisters at church from a different congregation then us. She unfortunately lots the battle to ovarian cancer. It was a really nice service and a great turn out, lots of people were touched by her in someway in their lives.
Sunday
Today was service in the morning and then we left fairly quickly because this afternoon is my baby's baby shower! So I got back to my parents house quickly changed and then my dad and I started making the sandwiches. It was a little hectic getting things ready but it all worked out in the end.
It was a really great baby shower, Rachel hosted it and planned the games which were really fun. We played "my water broke", guess how many baby pins are in the baby food jar, guess what is in the bags and guess what traits I would hope that our baby has from both of us (so things like who's hair, eyes, nose things like that). It was all so creative!
There was a lot of people that came which was very wonderful and unexpected. I only knew the people that had RSVP to us but there were many more that came that hadn't RSVP. It was a very crowed house for a while, but I couldn't be happier with how many people support Matt and I with having our new little baby on the way, it really makes you feel loved.
Our baby girl really got spoiled from this baby shower, its going to take me a long time to go through everything again.
Thanks to all that came, helped out and support us!
Monday
Well Monday is in this too because it is a long weekend, yay Family Day. Unfortunately I didn't spend it with Matt since I am still living at my parent's house and he is still working on renos. Hopefully by the end of this week I can be moving back in to my home since our carpet is getting installed tomorrow!!!
So today I had gone through all the gifts from the baby shower, I took them all out of the bags and piled them up, I have to go through and actually organize it better but I'm glad I got to look through it all again because at the baby shower things were just going so fast.
This evening we went out for dinner to celebrate Rachel's Birthday! YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL! We went to Joey's, it was delicious! Matt and I got her some Tupperware because that is what she wanted, I know that she will use it all!
Thanks for the Tupperware!!
ReplyDelete