Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

This evening we went to a funeral for a sister that passed away after she lost the fight of breast cancer for the last 12 years. It was a beautiful service and her husband shared the story of how they had met, it was so sweet. Unfortunately we had to leave very soon after the service because we had to pick someone up at the airport.
We got to the airport and checked his flight and it was still going to be about 20 minutes before he landed. So we had a snack at Tim Horton's since we really didn't have time to eat between work and leaving for the funeral. Once Sam arrived we didn't have to wait too long for his bag and then we headed home. We stayed up and chatted for a while, I went to bed earlier then the guys though, but they had a good time catching up.

Saturday

This morning I got up and made the guys breakfast before their seminar that they had to go to. Sam came into town because he was the one holding the seminar. So off they went and I stayed home and did a few things around the house and then went out and got a few groceries, I know super exciting!
After I got home from getting groceries I started to make supper and good thing I did because the seminar ended earlier then what it was suppose to and then Matt took Sam to a few places but didn't tell me that they had finished early. So supper was definitely not done by the time they got home.
We had dinner around 6:30pm, they said dinner was good so I hope they weren't just saying that to make the pregnant lady feel good.
Then a little bit later we had our friends John, Rachel and their son Henry over as well to chat away the evening and for dessert too!

Sunday

Today was service, but it was a special service because it was for the souls in the relms of the departed. I'm not sure if you remember me talking about this from other posts when we have had this service in the past but it happens 3 times a year. It is to invite those souls who have passed on to the service, but don't think of it as we are summoning the dead, that is completely not what we do. For me it just really helps me focus on those in my life that have passed on before me and really makes me remember and think of them.
After service we went out for lunch and then headed to a store quick before heading home for Sam to pack his things and for Matt to take him to the airport.
All in all it was a fairly busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment