Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Birthday

Today is my birthday in which I turned 24. I really thought I was turning 25 for some reason, but hey that means I just gained a year! My side of the family celebrated my birthday and my brother's birthday on Sunday April 3 at my parents house (My brother and I are born 2 years and 2 days apart, my birthday is the 5th and his is the 7th). But today it was just Matt and I. He was really sweet and was asking me what he could make me for my birthday dinner, all I wanted was a toasted tomato sandwich. If you have never tried one you must! They are so good. So that is what we had for dinner.

But let me get back to how my day started at work. So I got to work and we had a really busy day a head of us, like super stupid busy. Unfortunately the other dental assistant had slipped on ice on her way to work this morning and had hit her head which then made her feel really dizzy and sick feeling. So she asked if I could do more of the clinical stuff today (which I don't have a problem with at all). But then at about 9:30am she said that she just couldn't do it anymore and asked our boss if she could leave. So then it was just me and my boss with the rest of the day a head of us. Well we got through the day with out too many problems the only thing was is that we had to stay an hour later because we were still working on patients. Also no one at work said Happy Birthday to me. Except one person said Happy Birthday to me but that was only after my mom had called my work to wish me happy birthday and told her. So by the end of my work day I was a little bit grumpy I just wanted to get home.

I got home and I was in a grumpy mood and covered in spit (well not completely, as a dental assistant sometimes there is splashing). So I went straight for the shower and then I told Matt all about my day and how it had made me all grumpy with it being on my birthday. After that I felt way better and then I had really stopped to notice that Matt had bought me flowers :)



As I had said earlier we had toasted tomato sandwiches for dinner and while we ate them we had watch the movie Little Fockers. It was pretty cute. To finish off my birthday I was able to go to bed early, man do I LOVE sleep!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Those flowers are gorgeous! :-) Sounds like you worked really hard during the day (bummer) but had a nice night afterwards (yay)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! You didn't say anything on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete