This weekend was a really great one, a few hiccups here and there but it all worked out.
Friday
Today I got to go home early from work YIPPEE! (this was to make up for me staying late at work on Tuesday) Since I was off work early I was able to get some errands done before all the rush hour traffic. First I went to Walmart because I wanted to look at a few things that I saw in the flyer, how ever I didn't buy any of those things I bought some new tights, pantyhose and a new thermos for Matt since he threw out his last one because it had leaked all over his iphone which then he had to get a new one (he was able to get it for free even though they don't cover coffee spills in their warranty, what a charmer!) Any ways then I went to Costco because I need to get some pricing on flowers since I am doing the flower arrangements for our big Chief Apostle Service in July. If you have any suggestions for florists in Calgary that you know of that have been good let me know. After that I went to superstore to get a few groceries for Rachel's baby shower tomorrow.
Once I had gotten home and was making dinner I all of a sudden felt so sore. You know when you get sick and your body is so sore and you feel cold, well that is how I was feeling. It was so weird! I thought I can't be getting sick now I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow! Well I went to bed early wrapped up in blankets and was just hoping for the best.
Saturday
Today I woke up really early at 6:40am, I just couldn't sleep anymore but I was feeling totally normal again! I was so happy that I was feeling good again because today is a busy day. So this morning I finished getting things ready for the baby shower this after noon. I made a cheese and cracker tray and a skor dip with cut up apples. I made sure to checked my list of things I needed to bring and then I got dressed and was ready to go. But I was waiting for my mom since she was going to come to my house so we would go together. She said that she was going to be at my house at 10:30am (because Alison, Leigh and myself were going to meet at Rachel's for 11am to start decorating) Well my mom didn't get to my house until 11am and I still had to go pick Hailey up at the mall since she asked me for a ride. So we didn't get to Rachel's house until 11:30ish. But its all good Alison and Leigh were already there setting things up and my mom and Hailey helped decorate as well. So we got everything ready and just waited for people to arrive. After everyone arrived we started with the food and then played games. The first game that we played was created by Leigh which was an awesome word scramble of baby items. Then we played "guess the size of Rachel's baby belly" We passed around some twin that they had to cut to size of what they thought the size of Rachel's belly is. Then I measured Rachel's belly with a piece of twine and then went around to every one to see how close they were in guessing. It was really funny to see all the different sizes they had cut. After that game we then started with the gifts. Rachel got so many cute items for baby Henry it was awesome. Here are a few pictures of the baby shower.
 |
| Beautiful decorations |
 |
| Alison made Henry's baby shower banner |
 |
| Leigh made these awesome cupcakes! They were delicious! |
 |
| Alison made these super cute words of wisdom cards that we got everyone to fill out. |
 |
| My mom made this awesome cake for Rachel's shower, it is carrot cake too which is Rachel's Favorite |
 |
| Alison made these super cute labels for the water bottles. |
 |
| It was great that the weather outside was beautiful but it didn't make for a great picture but I'm sure you all understand what we are going for here. |
 |
| Ducky Punch (funny story with this when we were first making it, it looked like swamp water. But a few drops of blue food coloring and vwa-la blue Ducky Punch. |
 |
| YAY presents! |
 |
| This is the diaper bag that I bought Rachel. When we were shopping one time this is the diaper bag that she really liked. |
 |
| Rachel has a puppy named Rudy and I thought it would be a good idea if Henry (her baby) had a little Rudy that he could take with him where ever he goes. |
 |
| Here is "little Rudy" for Henry |
Sunday
This morning was so beautiful! The weather was so warm with a nice breeze. We went to church this morning and had a mini choir practice just to go over some songs that we would be singing for next Sunday. Then Matt and I went home and right a way open up a few windows since it is so nice out. We decided to just do a few things around the house and then relax.
Great pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY for the best shower ever!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize that you weren't feeling good on Friday night. Good thing it passed quickly as Saturday was fun and I am glad you could be there :)
ReplyDelete