Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

After work today not a lot really happened, but around 7:30pm we were ready to go to our church because there was a presentation put on by the conferments that were getting confirmed on Sunday. They did a crossword puzzle to show a few of the things that they had learned. There was also a little fellow ship afterwords and my mom made a super big delicious chocolate cake! I got to take some home too :)!

Saturday

Today Matt and I did quite a bit of running around which needed to get done and I am super happy that he came everywhere with me. First we went to Costco as soon as it opens which is 9:30am, we got there just before 9:30am and there were already a ton of people lined up outside. Matt of course who never goes shopping unless he absolutely has to thought that this was crazy, I told him that this is completely normal for a Saturday at Costco. We had gone to Costco to get roses for the mothers at our church for tomorrow for mother's day. Every year we usually make corsages for the mom's with the young people from the youth group, but this year Matt and I were a little bit busy with a few other things and the other 2 youth leaders both of their wives had babies so they were pre-occupied with that. After we got the roses we went to this floral wholesaler to get some of the water vile stoppers to put on the end of the roses since we were thinking that we would just give the moms single roses since we didn't have the time or man power to make the corsages.
Once we had all of those things we went home for a short time and got all of our bottles for recycling together and loaded in the truck so we could take them to the bottle depot. We had $82 worth of bottles, ya I know we were really slacking in bringing them in sooner but its usually me that just goes and it's hard to bring them in yourself when there are so many.
Then we went home and did a few things around the house just the usual chores and we worked on Matt's tool storage room for a little bit as well.
Later in the evening Matt and I put all the roses in the little water stoppers that we had bought earlier. It was pretty funny because I had filed the little water viles first and I think I had filed too full because when we were putting the roses in water was squirting out of them all over the place. It was pretty funny, we had a good time putting them all together.



We also watched the movie Dinner for Schmucks it was really funny I definitely recommend it. Both Matt and I had a lot of laughs through out.

Sunday

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's out there!!! I know a lot of moms that get to celebrate their first mother's day this year so a super happy mother's day to you all!
Today we had church where we celebrated mother's day as well as confirmation. After church we went over to John and Rachel's house because Rachel and her Mom were not able to make it to church this morning and had ask if Matt could come over so they could be served Holy Communion. We also got to see little Henry again he is still crazy cute!
We went home quick after their house so we could change and pick up our mother's day gift for my mom since we were going over to my parent's home for lunch/dinner. We had home made burgers, potato salad, green salad and sausages. It was all so good. We also got to bring left overs home yay dinner for tomorrow! It was a really nice afternoon. I hope everyone got to spend sometime with their families and or be able to call your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment