Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday


Today after work we really didn't do a whole lot just a few things around the house. Matt did get started on insulating our copper pipes in the laundry room because when ever I go do the laundry the pipes get built up with condensation and drip on me. More about our laundry room renos on Wednesdays post.

Saturday

Today is going to be a full day of shopping. This morning at 11am I am going to meet Jonathan's girlfriend Megan and the Cross Iron Mills mall to go shopping! I haven't gone shopping with a girlfriend for a long time. We also had a purpose and a mission on this shopping trip, we needed to find Megan a dress for this big gala dinner with her work in June. So we first started off a Tim Horton's for a little snack. Once we were done I had noticed that she had a coach bag with her and so I asked her if she had to return something (I was really wanting to go to the Coach store because I really wanted a wallet). She said "No, this is actually for you." I look inside and this is what I found.

She bought me a Coach wallet! She said " I had to have a Coach wallet to go in my Coach purse". I was so surprised I had no idea. So I automatically hugged her right away and said thank-you. This wallet is one that I totally would  have picked out for myself. (As soon as I had gotten home from the mall I transferred all my cards from my old falling apart wallet into my new beautiful Coach wallet.)

Back to our shopping trip, we went into a lot of stores through out the day a few of the first stores we went into weren't stores that had dresses in but we went in anyways just for fun. The first dress store we went into was a "prom dress" store. There were some very shiny dresses in there! We did find one contender in the store so that was a good thing. We decided to leave it and check out more stores. We ended up finding her dress at Laura Petites. We both loved it, the dress is a deep teal blue, it has some scrunching of the fabric on the one and and had a slight gathered look to it. It was perfect, SOLD! After that we went around to some more stores just to look for other things and for fun. We made it all around the mall. We ended at the food court with a little bite to eat we sat down and it was about quarter after 3pm. It did not feel like we were at the mall for that long. It was a lot of fun.
Once I got home I went to go see how Matt was doing on the basement. He was going to do some work in the Laundry room. He had done so much! We had also been talking about getting pedestals to go under the washer and dryer to raise them up and add storage. So I left the house again and went to the Brick since that is where we bought our washer and dryer in the first place a few years ago. I found someone to help me and made my purchase and got the address so I could go and pick up the pedestals from the distribution center. At the distribution center they tried to get both pedestals in my car but that didn't work so I had to call Matt to come by with the truck to pick up the other one. We got them home and Matt brought them downstairs, we opened one of them right away to have a look. I'm so excited to get these set up! This wont happen till hopefully tomorrow.


Sunday

 This morning we had service at church. Then my parents came over for a quick visit because we were going to see if my dad could help us lift our washer and dryer onto our new pedestals that we bought to go under the washer and dryer. Well since we had bought our washer and dryer 3 to 4 yrs ago the pedestals had these extra attachments that attach to the newer model washer and dryer. So I called the Brick where we had bought them from and they really had no idea if it was safe to just put the washer and dryer on top of the pedestals with out securing them. So the guy at the Brick said he would call the manufacturer for me and have them call me with a solution. I wasn't going to be home for much longer because we had another church service to go to that afternoon. During the service they did call and I got the message after service. So I called the guy from the manufacturer and he solved everything. I'm so glad that I didn't have to return them or get another part to attach it. However when we came home from church we decided that we would wait until tomorrow to set them up. I can't wait to have it all set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment