Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

Today I ended up taking the day off work for two reasons, first I have had a little bit of a cold this week and I wanted to rest up before our crazy weekend, and two I had to finish the shopping of food for the weekend. So this weekend we are having a big youth weekend here in Calgary with the youth from our church all over Alberta. Tonight the youth are getting together at one of our churches at about 7pm and are going to wait around for the other youth to arrive from the other cities. So tonight was just kind of a hang out night with some lite finger food while we waited for everyone to arrive. Once everyone was here they then were told where they were going to be staying for the nest 2 nights. (at our church on youth weekends we sometimes have some youth stay at the different members home, this way we aren't paying for hotel rooms for everyone from out of town.) This was a pretty late night since not everyone left the church till about 10:30pm, Matt and I had to stay to the end to tidy things up for tomorrow and lock up the church.


Saturday

Today was a jam packed full day. We started by getting to the church around 7:30am (Matt and I) so we could finish setting up breakfast since breakfast started at 8am for the youth, of course not everyone arrived at 8am because they had about an hour to have breakfast before it would be packed away. For today the youth were going to have a discussion and do some activities. I wasn't going to be participating in the activities that the youth were going to do because I had to take care of all the food. Luckily I had my sister in law here and she was able to help me out here and there since I didn't have any other helpers. While the youth were having their discussion Kunthea and I had to go to Costco to pick up a few more things for the youth weekend food wise. Once we got back to the church everyone was already over at the school near by to use their gym for their activities. We had lunch over at the school too and the youth did some games from minute to win it.
Later on everyone came back to the church for dinner and then some games. This too was a very long and exhausting day.
Sunday

Today is the last day of the youth weekend. We had breakfast again at 8am for about an hour and a half for all the youth to arrive and eat. Then we had service and lunch after that. Around 2pm is when the majority of the people left so they could travel home again. Matt and I had to stay again till everyone left. We also had to pack up any left over food and clean the place up. So it took us a while since it was only the two of us, but we got it all done. When we got home we both had a nap, taking care of a youth weekend is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment