Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

Today I had to go to a quick appointment after work which was done and over in no time. I also had to pick up some confirmation cards since there is a confirmation service on Sunday in Edmonton which we will be going to since Matt is the District Youth leader for Alberta in our church. Once I got home it was a pretty relaxing evening watched some TV and just hung out with Matt.

Saturday

This morning I slept in a little bit and Matt woke up early because he wanted to get his oil changed in his truck before we headed off to Edmonton. So he got into his truck closed the door and heard a weird sound, he looked back and this is what he found.

The back middle window got smashed. I didn't find this out until later when I had called him to see where he was because an oil change doesn't take that long. So he found out that he can't just replace the middle window that was smashed because it is an automatic opening window (not sure if that is the right way to say it) so the cost to change this out would be drum roll please......... $2000.00! Ya it is crazy stupidly expensive. The whole back window would have to be taken out and replaced and that would be $1300 then it would take about 6hrs for them to do this with all the connections they would have to connect to make sure it works. Matt then had to go to the cop shop to report it because it is over $1000 worth of damage and it was vandalism. Then Matt had to wait for a rental truck to get to where he was, so a half hour oil change turned into a 5 hour gong show! Matt didn't get home till close to 1pm and we were wanting to already be on the road to Edmonton way before that. While he was getting all this stuff done I was able to get our laundry done and do the dishes and get our bags packed.
Once he got home and had something to eat we packed up the rental truck and off we went. We got to the hotel which is under construction but it wasn't really that bad, they were fixing the outside so they had ramps to get to the front door. Matt's parents were already there so we dropped our stuff to our room and then went and hung out in their room for a little bit and then went for something to eat.
Here are some pictures of our hotel room.



Isn't this such a neat cut out to put bottles on! I want to see if we can do
this in our washroom downstairs when we build it.




After dinner we went back to Matt's parents room and I fell asleep on their bed while they all chatted, it had felt like a really long day. Then Matt woke me up and we went to our room to go to bed.

Sunday

Today we had service in Edmonton and it was really nice because they had Holy Communion for the Departed which doesn't happen all the time. It was nice seeing some people that we haven't seen for awhile in Edmonton. We didn't stay too long after the service because we wanted to head home so we could still go over and visit John and Rae and their new baby Henry!
Here is a picture of Henry, super cute little man I got to hold him for almost the whole time we were there. It was fantastic. I'm not too sure how much more we will be able to see him this month because John and Rae will be having a lot of family visiting from out of town which should be really fantastic for them. Matt went camera happy with Henry on his I-phone but I only put one picture up because if you would like to see more you can visit Rae's blog here .

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that sucks big time about Matt's truck! Is his insurance going to cover it? What a pain in the butt though!

    Fun that you got to meet Henry! I can't wait to meet the little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful about Matt's truck! Yuk! Some people!
    Ah Henry is so cute. Can't wait to meet him! :)

    ReplyDelete