Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

At least I Got a card on Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


Every year for Valentine's Day Matt and I really don't do anything because really, your going to spend double the money on anything you buy that is related to this "consumer's holiday" like flowers and chocolates. So usually what we have done in the past was just get each other cards, which hey its simple and you get to write out a bunch of the things that you love about the other person. This morning I already had my card all ready for Matt so before I left for work I gave him his card, he didn't give me a card in the morning so I thought well maybe he forgot to buy one on the weekend and that oh he'll pick one up on the way home.

At work today there was a huge Valentine's package that came to the office for our hygienist from her boyfriend which was really cute because he originally was not suppose to be in town for today but he ended up being in town but already put the order in last week. But still super cute anyways because she was all flushed and embarrassed. Then the mail delivery guy came with our mail and handed me a pink envelope with my name on it, and he said that some guy stopped him in the hall and asked him to give it to me. So that was weird to me. The writing on the envelope on the out side kind of looked like Matt's capital writing but then I opened the card and it didn't look like his writing anymore. So I called Matt right away to find out where he was working if by chance he was working downtown or if he really was working out of town. Well he was about an hour away so this card wasn't from him that's for sure, I read him the card and he thought it was pretty funny that I had a secret admirer, which really I thought was kind of funny too. I think I know who it is from and I'm thinking it is just a friendship sort of thing because well I'm married and that just would never happen. But here I took a picture of the card and what it said.






When I got home from work Matt was already home, with no card for me :(. So we were joking all evening that at least I got a card today even if it wasn't from him.

I hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. CRAZINESS!
    but that's so fun! I can't believe you didn't tell me about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! It's nice to have a secret admirer! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTB and make homemade cards (to not waste money, but Timothy got me a hallmark this year! (he must have some money I don't know about!)).. I laughed as I was folding the computer paper in half to cut out the heart.. I felt like I was in elementary school again! :)

    ReplyDelete