Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Renovation Wednesday

Progress has happened! This weekend we were very busy with renos as you have read from my Monday post. The pictures that I have taken they are of the wall when it was primed and then when it was painted with the wall color. Your going to look at these pictures and probably not notice a difference what so ever, but there really is a color change. We didn't go with a really bold color for the storage closets because;
1. once everything is in there that needs to be in there you wont be able to see much of the walls anyways and
2. We had left over paint from our hallway upstairs so the paint was "free"
But here are the pictures anyways.
This is the wall when it was primed

And here is the wall painted with color, its called Meadow Day
Also as I mentioned on my Monday post I painted our linen closet door too. I didn't take a before picture but it was just one of those closet doors that you buy from Home Depot that is already "white" but you still do have to paint it.

From my list that I wrote last Wednesday, we actually got most of it completed. We did do a few other little things in between coats of paint as they were drying, but most of what I wanted to get done we got done.

  • Finish the mudding and sanding.
  • Put silicone at the base of the walls to seal off the poly sheets.
  • Prime the walls.
  • Put two coats of wall color on.
  • Wash the floors to have it ready for the concrete paint

The only thing that we didn't do from my list was do the electrical, Matt wanted to wait before he put the plug and light switch boxes in until our shelves were here because that way we wouldn't run into any problems with the shelves being in the way the light switches or plugs. What a smart cookie I have!

2 comments: