
As I mentioned last week I was hoping to go and buy the drywall that we need for the storage closets in the basement, well that unfortunately did not happen. But we did get one little project done. Well Matt and I didn't do it, my dad did the whole thing. See when we put our tiles in our wash room they had to be "built up" quite a bit (had to have more cement stuff underneath them) in order to have the floor level. So its great having a level washroom floor, but that left a large transitional height difference from the bathroom floor to the hallway floor. Originally Matt and I went out and bought two different transition pieces from the store to see if we could make it work, no such luck with that. It was about a 16th of an inch too short. Ya I know what your thinking, that isn't too big, but to make it right, it was a big difference. So my dad, the handy man that he is, took different measurements and built the transition piece from scratch. He rounded the edges perfect and made it super smooth ( i guess all the sand paper we got for him for Christmas has already come in pretty handy). On Sunday before the Super Bowl my dad came over and installed the transition piece!
Here is what it looked like with out the transition piece.
 |
| It would really suck if you stepped right on the "crack" part especially with bare feet in the mornings, just saying from experience. |
And now this is what the beautiful finished project looks like.
 |
| I took this picture so you could see that it matches our trim and not the hallway floor. |
No comments:
Post a Comment