Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Renovation Wednesday

As I mentioned from my post of what I did on the weekend here are the results of our hard work. It was a lot of work, and the kind of work I am really not used to doing everyday which has made my body so incredibly sore still! Like It hurts to move, its hard to walk up and down stairs, to sit, to lift my arms, put on my jacket, just about everything! But I am so happy that we got to the stage that it is now. Also last night my dad came over and helped us did the next layer of mud after he had sand down the first coat. My dad really knows what he is doing with this kind of stuff so it's best to let him do it so he doesn't have to fix our mistakes which would cause more work for him.

Outside of the storage rooms

The left corner of "the basement stuff" storage room
 
Then the right corner

This is the center of "Matt's tools" storage room
 
Then the left corner of that room

Since this coming weekend is a long weekend because of Family Day on Monday my plan is to get these storage rooms ready to have shelves put in for the weekend after! So that means, last mudding application (hopefully Friday), sand the walls, silicone at the base of the floors (to seal off the poly to make sure that there are no cold drafts), have Matt put a light in each room and an outlet socket for each room, then prime the walls, paint the walls, and then paint the concrete floor (we aren't going to put flooring in since it is just going to be a storage room). Man that list has a lot of stuff on it but I'm really hoping we can get it done, at least up to the primer and maybe the first coat of paint (I think we will have to have 2 coats) Wish me luck!



2 comments: