Thursday
So today was the day that Matt and I were suppose to meet Megan, my brother's girlfriend. Unfortunately Matt called me during the day to let me know that he was not going to be home until really late which means we would have to reschedule to next Thursday :( At around 11:30am Matt was called from a job site that is two and a half hours away from where he was, and this is when he informed me of our no more date night :(, and off he went to this job. So to keep it short he didn't get home till after 8:30pm.
Friday
Today Matt and I both had the day off work, not for anything fun. We had to go for our annual physicals from the doctor. Well I went for my physical and Matt just had to go in and get his form to get his blood tested since he hasn't had that done for ever! So going and getting a physical is never an appointment you look forward too, but this one sucked even more. I haven't decided if I'm going to write more on it or not yet, its something that I have to think about.
But anyways, after our appointments we were planning on doing a couple of things around town but we were late getting in to our appointments because our poor doctor fainted in the morning at home but she still came into work. I thought that was crazy! I asked her are you still suppose to coming in to work? She said she didn't want to make her patients have to reschedule! I have the best doctor ever!
Back on track here, so after our appointments we went home and packed our bags because we were going to Lethbridge because Matt had a gathering he had to be at with the youth in Lethbridge. So we got to Lethbridge just after 4pm, and went to Matt's older brother's home since that is where we would be staying that night and all the youth were coming to his house too. When we got there we were really expecting maybe only his brother to be home, but to our surprise the kids were already home. I went in the house first and our niece answered the door and said "Hi Auntie Nessa..... where is Uncle Matt?" Yes, she is Uncle Matt's little girl. Its really cute! It was great to see all the kids and give them hugs. My niece got a new sticker book and wanted to do a few pages with me so after dinner we sat upstairs and did a few pages while her brothers were downstairs. Then we went downstairs (other wise she would have wanted to finish the whole book) to hang out with all the boys. Our oldest nephew always likes to have books read to him, so he bought me a few books for me to read him and then of course his sister wanted to hear the stories too. Here is the picture that Matt took.
| Little Critters, I used to read those books when I was a kid! |
Later that evening around 7pm the youth came over and they had their chatting that needed to get done, the kids were up for a bit but then had to go to bed which they weren't too happy about. But the gathering went well and seemed to get what was needed to get across done. Not too much longer after that we all went to bed.
Saturday
Not ever Saturday morning do we get woken up by hearing little feet running back and forth upstairs, that's when you know the kids are a wake. Matt went up stairs first and I was still pretty tired but then my niece came down to wake me up, so i guess i had to get up then. We then had breakfast and colored a bit but then we had to get ready to leave.
On the way home we stopped off at my parents house because my mom had made some soup and stew and wanted to give us some extras. There was no way we were going to pass that up! Then we went home after a little visit and did a couple things around the house and then we went and cleaned the church since it was our turn. Once we got home from that we really didn't do too much else.| Here is little B looking innocent even though all morning he was climbing on to chairs and getting into trouble. |
| Matt wanted to take a picture of "A" so of course he was making faces to Uncle Matt since Uncle Matt wanted to have a picture of him. What a silly guy, but oh so cute!! |
Sunday
This morning we went to church, and right after Rachel came over. Rachel and I had planned that today her and I would go out and add a few more things to her baby registry at Sears. We also ended up going to a few other stores that day too, surprisingly we didn't actually buy anything! Well we did have Starbucks but i don't think that really counted since I had a gift card. There are so many cute things for babies right now, and I already know what I am going to get for Rachel's baby shower and now too for my sister in law! YAY! Once Rachel and I were done on our date, she dropped me off at home and Matt already had some guys over to watch the Super Bowl. I ended up watching it with the guys, and I really didn't end up minding it that much. Sorry not the biggest sports fan here. But getting close to the end of the game I started to get a headache which sucked, I think it was from all the cheering, the guys were pretty loud. I ended up going to bed at 9pm with a headache. It was a very eventful weekend though.
Those kids are just the cutest ever Vanessa!
ReplyDelete