Friday
Today instead of going to work we went to a dental continuing educational course which was on "new materials". Basically there are a lot of changes happening in the dental world in Alberta this year because in 2012 all these new rules and guidelines are mandatory, I wont bore you with the details on that. But the course really wasn't all that bad, sometimes they are really dry and are pointless, this course however had some good things that I could take from it and look in to now. At 12pm we got an hour break for lunch and the other assistant (Taylor) and I really wanted sushi so our boss took us out for sushi and told us that we could go home for the rest of the day and didn't have to go back to the course! It was so good that we could go home because I was so full and needed a nap! I got home around 2pm and took a nap on the couch till about 6pm which was great, I love sleep! Then Matt and I went to Lowes where one of our friends work because we needed some drywall for the basement storage rooms (yes I know progress!!!) We bought 16 sheets of drywall and it was great because Matt and one of the employees loaded it in the truck. Unfortunately for me was when we got home I had to help Matt bring those 16 sheets of drywall downstairs! If you have never moved drywall down a level in a house DO NOT DO IT! It was hard and by the end of it I was sweating, mind you it was a good work out I was sore the next day.
| Here are my beautiful sheets of drywall all 16 of them. |
Saturday
This morning I made waffles because I really wanted to have pancakes but that was a bit harder for me to make since my griddle is downstairs and behind piled up insulation (which I forgot about when I bought buttermilk) But the waffles were still really good.
This afternoon was had more of a sad turn to it, at 1pm was a Celebration of life for my friend's little boy. He was exactly one month old when he passed away on Feb7th 2011. I will do a separate post on this later on.
In the evening we had church instead of having it on Sunday morning because the minister that was holding service made a special trip since he is from out of town.
Sunday
Since we didn't have service this morning since we had it last night I got my dad to come over and help me with drywalling the storage rooms in the basement. Matt wasn't at home today because he went to Lethbridge with another minister that was from Edmonton and was going to be holding service in Lethbridge. Matt needed to talk with him anyways about somethings and also he was able to get another trip in to see out niece and nephews (lucky him!) But I stayed home because I really wanted to get things going on the basement, just want to be able to get something done each weekend so then we are closer and close to getting the basement finished! My dad came over around 10am (I had to sleep in a little bit) and we got started right away. See when my dad works on a project he works until it gets done. I have that way of thinking from him which sometimes drives Matt crazy since I always try to get him to do more things and get them done. Any who my dad did all the measuring and cutting I helped him bring the sheets over to where they would be put and up and he would put the first few screws in. Once they were in I was able to mark a line down the wall to make it easy to screw in the other screws. I got to use the drill a lot my hand was so sore I also got a "rub burn" on the side of my thumb from holding the drill (I'm sure I was holding it too tight but hey I don't use a drill everyday I had to get used to it). Once we got all the dry wall up and all the screws in my dad started to fill in all the screw dents. I had to run out and get more mud since we will be using a lot of it. When I got back my dad was already done filling in those holes and then we got going on the corners and the seams. My dad did the corners and I did the other seams we were done in no time. It was about 4:30pm once we were able to call it quites and just let the mud dry.
Then I had the evening to relax I had a shower (I was filthy!) and watched some TV. It felt really good to get all that work done but so physically draining at the same time.
WoW V! That's so much work you did! I can't wait to see it!
ReplyDelete