Happy Monday everyone, today I have a day off from work because of family day! Matt even took the day off too which is so unusual but I'm not complaining, its great to have him around. Today we are just continuing on with the renovations that we were working on over the weekend.
Friday
The start of today was really not the greatest. See with work we have two office that we work out of and I was suppose to go to the downtown location to get some stuff done. However, I got to work for 7am downtown and then about 5 minutes after I got there I got a call from my boss asking me to come to the other office for 8am because our other assistant wasn't coming in to work. She had to go "home" (which is in BC) because her mom had hurt her back and there was no one to take care of her. It kind of sucked because it already took me 40ish minutes to get to work downtown and now I had to to turn around and travel another 40ish minutes to get home again so I could change into scrubs to work on patients, then travel another 15 minutes to the other office. To keep this story short I traveled over an hour and a half to get to work this morning!
After work though Matt and I made another trip to Lowes to get a few more supplies that we were going to be needing this weekend. Later in the evening my dad came over to sand down the mudding again and fill in spots that still needed to get smoothed over.
Saturday
This morning Matt had to go and do a service call, on a long weekend, but at least it was only for 2 hours ish. During that time my dad came over to check over the mudding again, I was keeping my fingers crossed that we would be good to go and start painting. No such luck though, he wasn't happy with the corners. So he fixed those up and told me to let him know after 5pm if its dry then he would come over again and sand it down. Around 4pm my brother came over because he was going to help Matt attach something to the bathroom fan in the attic because when they first installed the fan they forgot to attach this "hose" sort of thing, I really can't think of the name of it right now. While they were doing that, I made pancakes from scratch! They were delicious. Then my dad came back after 5pm and was able to sand down the wall and we started to prime the walls in the storage closets. Unfortunately we were one wall short of the primer. So we left it like that and I planned that I would go and get some more primer after church tomorrow. Since we weren't able to do any more work on the house renos tonight I decided that I should make a carrot cake for Rachel since it is her birthday tomorrow and my husband is taking her husband to Medicine Hat with him. Plus carrot cake is her favorite, and she shouldn't be by herself on her birthday even though I know she needs to be working on her thesis.
Sunday
Early this morning Matt went to Medicine Hat for some church business that he had to "take care of" i guess you could say, that just sounds funny. Anyways, I went to church here in the morning but it was a different service then usual. It was a "Sunday School Service", which is geared to the younger kids. For all the different jobs that there are with setting up the church before the service the kids were assigned to those jobs, of course with supervision. Instead of having the usual choir the kids sat where the choir usually would sit and they sang all the beginning songs and some songs during the service too, it was really cute.
After service I stuck to my plan and went out to get more primer so I could finish that one wall and also I figured I should paint our linen closet door that we never painted. I got home and changed into my paint cloths and started painting the last wall downstairs, then came upstairs and painted the linen closet door. Once I was done that I changed into comfy clothes and iced the cake for Rachel. I went over to Rachel's around 3pm to surprise her with her cake and a little break from working on her thesis. I didn't want to keep her on a break for too long because I know that she has a lot of work to do, so I just watched some TV while she worked on her thesis until the guys got home. John made her a really great dinner which we were invited to stay for. After dinner Matt and I left around 8pm ish because we wanted to get home so we could put the first coat of our paint color on in the storage rooms. We got home, changed and got straight to work.
This weekend was filled with a lot of work around the house but it will be worth it in the end. Sorry about no pictures in this post but I will post the pictures on Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment