Happy Monday Everyone! Here is what we did this weekend.
Friday
Tonight was a pretty relaxed evening which was great because work was a little bit crazy today. Matt and I had dinner at home and while we had dinner we watched a movie that we rented from Shaw on Demand. We watched Life as We Know It. We both thought it was pretty good, there was some funny parts, sad parts and some awww moments too.
Saturday
Today was a clean up sort of day. I did about 4 loads of laundry today (I had to wash our sheets), 2 loads of dishes (I don't know where all these dishes come from with only 2 people), and I worked more on the basement. I did a bit more organizing with my storage closet and got rid of a few more things that we don't really need. I now have to find sometime to go and bring it to good will.
Later in the day my parents came to pick me up at 4:30pm so we could go to the airport to go and visit my Auntie Joanne, and my Uncle Joe. Their flight from Phoenix had a stop over for a few hours in Calgary before they headed home to Winnipeg. It has been so long since I have seen them because well they live in Winnipeg (that is where I was born) and I live in Calgary and I haven't made a trip out there for a while. Unfortunately Matt wasn't able to come with us because he had to work. But my parents and I went and picked up my brother before heading to the air port. When we got there we were early because their flight was a little bit behind schedule, then also they had to pass through customs before we could see them. When they finally arrived (it really wasn't that long of a wait) my parents went to go stand and wait for them at the exit they come out of while my brother and I sat around the corner on some chairs (we were surprising them that we came to see them too). And they were surprised! We got to visit with them for a few hours but hopefully next time we see them it will be longer than just a few hours.
Sunday
This morning we had church, and this service was for those in the realms of the departed. It was great to have one of these services because we have known 3 people who have passed away since December.
After church Matt and I went home and got changed because we were invited over to our friend's home so a late lunch early supper, Lupper. It was really great to have a visit, it had been awhile since we had gotten together with them. Also while we were there Matt was able to change out a few lights for them.
On our way home we got to go see our niece for the first time! She is really cute and so tiny, not even a week old yet (well today she will be a week old and if you being technical then not until this evening at 8:05pm). It was so funny because Matt doesn't know how to pick babies up, or pass them, or put them down again. So I started off with her and then passed her to Matt. We had take I think over 100 pictures with Matt's I-phone (I will post a few pics I just have to get Matt's phone from him). We didn't stay too long because it was already getting late, but hopefully we will get to come by again soon!

Awww! Nice you got to spend time with your new niece!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that movie yet, and definitely want to! Fun that you got to spend time with your new niece :)
ReplyDelete