So this weekend I have to say was pretty slack since Matt was away. I had all these plans to get stuff done around the house since Matt wouldn't be home....but I did nothing productive at all. But I feel totally good about it, sometimes you just need to do nothing.
Friday
Really all I did today was go to work, come home, sit on the couch and watch TV and then go to bed. And really that is all I did, it was great!
Saturday
Today I went to a conflict resolution seminar that was put on at our church for the ministers and their wives. Even though Matt was in Toronto this weekend I still went, but I did have a little bit of fun with it because before Matt had gone he asked me if I was still going to go to the seminar with out him. I told him "why should I go if my conflict will be in Toronto?" Oh it was funny, we both laughed about it. In our relationship we definitely like to joke around here and there. So back to the seminar it was Saturday morning from 9am to 4pm (it was suppose to be till 5pm but we were able to finish early!)
After the seminar I went home and put comfy clothes on and spent the evening like I did Friday night, but I did make dinner because I didn't have anymore left overs. Also I did do a lot of laundry, I was still trying to catch up from when we had all of those people stay over.
Sunday
Today was a great day because Matt was coming home YAY! In the morning I had church and then we had a shortish choir practice to learn a few new songs. Once I got home it was a mad dash to clean the house before I had to go and pick Matt up from the airport. Matt kept sending me texts while I was trying to clean so then I finally just told him that I can't keep text right now because I'm trying to get the house clean, he sent me a text that said "lol". That's because when I was in Vancouver that's what he did cleaned the house the day that I was suppose to come home.(If you remember from my Vancouver post that I didn't come home till the next day) Anyways at the Calgary airport they have this awesome new parking lot that is called cell phone parking which means you can park there for free and wait for the person that you are picking up to call you to let you know they are ready for you to pick them up. Well I waited there till Matt had gotten off the plane but then I still went in to the "short term" parking and went into the airport so I could see him come down the escalator. It was perfect timing because just as I was coming around the corner he was about in the middle of the way down the escalator. It was great to see him again, I know it was only for a few days, but still I missed him. As soon as we were together he told me all about his trip and how great it was. I am really happy that he had such and great time and was so pumped about it. Hopefully the next one that he goes on I will be able to go too.
No comments:
Post a Comment