
So this is what I had come home to at our house yesterday.Your probably wondering "what the heck is is?" That is exactly what I was thinking when I had first seen it too. Basically in these white plastic bags there are thousands of foam particles that have been compressed to form as sheets (kind of like drywall sheets). Now you must be wondering "and why do you have all of this? What is it used for?" Well this summer we are planning on removing our ugly siding and replace it with new siding (still not sure what color but really anything is better the a pukey yellow green color). So we figured since we are removing this siding we should really see about insulating our exterior walls better since in winter our walls are very drafty and cold (this is what happens when you buy an old house). I'm not too sure how long these huge packages of foam will be sitting in our back yard like this, but hey when you get a fantastic deal on something you just have to take it when you can get it.
Oh and I had to help Matt move these from our parking pad to inside the back yard, let me tell you it was hard. Just because it is foam and you would think foam would be light, well guess what its not so light when it is condensed.
YAY for an insulated house!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys are really getting a lot of renovations done! Good job!
ReplyDelete