Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Boy or Girl? 21 Old Wives Tales That May Tell You

Boy or Girl? 21 Old Wives’ Tales That May Tell You*

1.Sleep PositionPay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you’ll have a boy. Right side? You’re pregnant with a girl.
Well I go to bed on my left side because that is what they recommend to do, but I have always started sleeping on my left side and then before my alarm goes off in the morning I go on my right side because that is where my alram is -BOY
2.Upset StomachLittle girls aren’t always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
 I have had very little nausea -BOY
3.Soft or Dry HandsIf your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft—expect a girl.
My hands are very dry, I have almost been getting sores - BOY
4.Food CravingsYour favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you’re craving citrus while pregnant, you’re having a girl.
I haven't been craving much really but I do prefer cheese or an actual meal then anything else. - BOY
5.Adult AcneIf altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.
Well this one is tough because I have had acne ever since junior high and it has never fully gone away, sometimes I will get major break outs and then nothing at all. But I wouldn't say that pregnancy really changed it that much I just can't use any acne cream medications to nip it in the bud so at times it may seem worse. So for this one I will say - NOT SURE
6.Graceful or Clumsy PregnancyIf you feel as though you’re gliding through they day, you’ll have a girl. Stumbling? It’s a boy.
I think things have been going pretty smooth so far? - GIRL
7.Face Weight GainIf your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl.
So far haven't noticed anything yet - BOY
8.Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you’re having a girl.
More salty for sure - BOY
9.Mood ChangesIf you’re experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
I think I have been good so far - BOY
10.High or Low Pregnant BellyIf you’re carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it’s high, you’re having a girl.
I think this is for those who are farther along so its hard to tell also having a long torso kind of throws me off a bit. - NOT SURE
11.Baby WeightIf you’re carrying baby in front, it’s a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It’s a girl.
So far I think its pretty much in front, I may not be far enough along but this is what I'm going with - BOY
12.Pendulum TestDangle a chain with a charm over your palm. If it swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.
So I had to do this a few times because it would keep changing then I figured out to have it touch my hand first and then bring it up and it went back and forth - BOY
13.Model Your Hands“Show me your hands.” If you would hold your hands palms up it’s a girl. Down? You’re having a boy.
I feel its more comfortable palms up - GIRL
14.Toddler AdviceGet baby advice from a nephew or friend’s little boy. If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you’ll have a girl. If he ignores you, it’s a boy.
When my niece and nephews stopped by our house my niece asked me how my belly was and my nephew just looked at me from far away but I don't think he had any interest. - BOY
15.Eat GarlicGuess the baby’s sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it’s a boy. If there’s no scent it’s a little girl.
Well I tried eating some garlic bread and then I asked Matt if he could smell it and he just gave me a funny look but he didn't say I smelt like garlic so - GIRL
16.Key to PregnancyIf you pick up a key by the round end, you’re having a boy. If it’s by the long end? A girl.
I always pick up my keys from the "round" end (my key is square at the top and big) - BOY
17.Even and Odd NumbersIf your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it’s girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
BOY
18.Baby’s HeartbeatIf the baby’s heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you’re pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it’s a boy.
BOY
19.Stress TestA child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
As far as I can remember I think I was relaxed because it was my first week of holidays and the stress really didn't come until after. - GIRL
20.Dream MeaningsIf you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
I don't think I have had a dream knowing the gender NOT SURE
21.Breast SizeIf your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, it’s a baby boy.
TMI for this question but I think they are pretty even - NOT SURE
* Source
My final score:
GIRL = 4

BOY = 13
NOT SURE = 4

Looks like for me, there’s a definite trend.

There’s also the Chinese Gender Chart which some people swear by, but I’ve seen several different versions of it and I don’t know which version is the real one: this one or this one. They both gave me the same result of which was a BOY.

I have always thought my first baby would be a boy, but really the only one that truely knows right now is God and I guess we will just have to wait to find out. I might still be able to convince Matt to change his mind about finding out sooner. However I don't really want to say it but I think I am starting to kind of be ok with not knowing. But we will see how things go as time goes one it may change again.

No comments:

Post a Comment