Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

Today after work I had to go to our other dental office because we were all meeting there to take our CPR refresher course. Being a dental assistant we have to update our CPR every year. I hope I never ever have to use it though! After that I just went home and did a few lazy things around the house.

Saturday

Today was full of everything! Since I had put off going to Costco for the last 2 days I had to go this morning. So I left my house just before 9:30am (which is when they open and always before 9:30am there is already a line up outside the door) and was still able to get a descent parking spot when I arrived. I loaded my cart, because really how can you not when you are at Costco its so easy, and got the items that I needed for our church Thanksgiving (more on that in a bit).
When I was leaving Costco it was starting too rain, I don't mind the rain at all, I always giggle to myself when I see the ladies holding whatever they can find over their heads so their hair wont get wet. I say rain water is great for your hair, it makes it nice and soft! Also as I was loading my groceries in my car there was a car waiting for my spot the whole time. When I had like one or two things left in my cart a lady from that car came up and said "oh I'll take your cart too while my husband parks" and off she went to the store. Its crazy! Costco is a crazy place to go on a Saturday morning, yet I do it all the time.
Matt was working this morning so when I got home I had to bring in all my groceries that were for us but I left the groceries that I was going to be bringing to the church. I grabbed a quick snack while I was at home because I had to leave again to go to the church, I only put the groceries that had to go in the fridge or freezer and left all the other items in the living room.
So church Thanksgiving, is great! We celebrate Thanksgiving in our church with the congregation the weekend before Canadian Thanksgiving to allow that weekend for families. So on the Saturday before church Thanksgiving we bring fruits and vegetables to the church so we can decorate the alter with them. The food doesn't go to waste afterwards because members of the church take some items home and then whatever is left we donate them. With everyone working together we were able to get the alter completed in about 2 hours, there of course was still a few other things to get done after that and clean up but it went pretty quick.
Then I got home from that just after 1pm because I was meeting someone at 2 and I wanted to stop home first to eat something. Lucky me Matt was home and he had pizza with him, I was just going to have a bagel but pizza was way better! I had a few pieces and then off I went again.
I went to go meet up with my friend Janeen at Starbucks since we have not seen each other in a few months. It was a really short visit but great at the same time.
Later this evening Matt and I went to go and pick up 2 old furnaces from my parents house because a friend of ours from out of town was going to pick them up for his garage. So after we got them we went over to my brother's house where we were meeting them and hung out for a while and caught up with one another.
We did not get home till close to 11pm which is so late for me, I'm usually in bed by 8:30-9pm. As soon as I hit the pillow I was out!

Sunday

Church Thanksgiving is here! This is how the alter turned out from the decorating yesterday.



After the service we had a large pot luck fellowship with turkey and all the side dishes. I ate so much I had to get a friend to eat some of the turkey that I had left over.

Later in the afternoon Rachel came over and we watched a movie, Henry slept the whole time! After they had left it was time to clean up some of the mess from making mashed potatoes for the church fellowship.

1 comment: